Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Big Stuff, Small Stuff Analysis

There are many significant differences between a paper written in IMRaD format and argumentative papers that I have written in the past. I have only been required to write in APA and MLA format in the past. IMRaD reports are longer, and more formal. It includes an introduction, the methods used to obtain this information, the results of the research, and a discussion about the work overall. An IMRaD paper begins with a short paragraph stating what the experiment involved and what the author will be writing about. The paper is broken into many sections. The author does not have room to voice his/her opinion, something that is necessary in some argumentative papers that I've written in the past.
Personally, the biggest difference will be individually collecting all of the data for my paper. I have always used outside sources such as books and the internet to complete papers. Another large difference is that IMRAD reports require charts and graphs to back up the information that I will be writing about. This is something that I am unfamiliar with. The genre of IMRaD format papers are more descriptive and visual than typical reports.

No comments:

Post a Comment