Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Speech Assignment #2- Topic Proposal

Out of State VS. In State Tuition costs
1. Most of the students that attend the University of Iowa are either from Iowa or states that border Iowa. Since I grew up in a suburb of Chicago, like many of the people that you will meet here, it is very upsetting that out of state students have to pay $20,000 more a year just for being a state over. I also have to go through a residency program with a long list of requirements in order to obtain residency so that I can afford college. 

2. With so many people that attend the University of Iowa coming from either towns in Iowa or suburbs of Chicago, I think that they should allow people from bordering states to automatically get in states, or they should make it easier to obtain in state if you are from a state other than Iowa. 

3. This topic has a large affect on not only me, but also a lot of my friends. Most of my friends are also from suburbs of Chicago and they are trying to get in state tuition. By doing this, you can potentially put yourself behind for graduation because you are only allowed to take six credit hours a semester, you also have to work twenty hours a week which can be overbearing when you have a busy schedule.

4. I am going to interview my friends who are doing the residency program and talk to the financial aid office and the office of registrar to obtain accurate information.

No comments:

Post a Comment